Vegan whipped cream is a bit difficult. I actually don’t like whipped soy cream or the oat version so much, especially not the store bought options. Homemade thick cashew cream is the best one I’ve come across but I just read about a recipe made from coconut milk on Josie Marans blog. Sounds good and coconut milk is, even though high in saturated fat, filled with good vitamines and stuff – so a little for dessert cant hurt to much.
I will definitley try it out soon. Please let me know if you’ve tried it and what you think!
Here goes the recipe…
- 2 (14-ounce) cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1/3 cup vegan powdered sugar
- Chill coconut milk in refrigerator from 4 – 12 hours. Chill whisk attachment from mixer, if room in fridge.
- Attach whisk attachment to mixer. Open cans of coconut milk, being careful not to stir or shake the contents inside. Carefully scoop the top, thick part of the coconut milk from inside the can; discard the remaining coconut liquid/water. Place thick coconut cream in a medium mixing bowl; add sugar.
- Whip until just smooth and thick, about 20 seconds. Do not overmix—mixture will fall and become thin. Use whipped cream immediately, or refrigerate up to 4 hours prior to use.